Renaissance Blog

 

    The painting I chose is from the Northern Renaissance and it was created in 1483. This painting is called, Triptych of Madonna and Child with Angels; Donor and His Patron Saint Peter Martyr; and Saint Jerome and His Lion and it was created with oil paint. This painting has many hidden meanings/ details that would just be too hard to recreate. If you look in one of the angels hands, it holds a pink carnation. This carnation is one of the many symbols of pure love during this time frame. 




    Every detail that was put in this painting, has many of it a very meaningful peace. It is like you could just walk into that setting and it would look the same in person. I do not think I would own this piece of art but I do recognize the meaning behind it. When I first saw this piece, I was a little overwhelmed. I had to zoom in a couple of times so I did not miss any details. This article below discusses more hidden details that are hidden in the painting.

https://ivypanda.com/essays/early-netherlandish-painting-triptych-of-madonna-and-child-with-angels-donor-and-his-patron-saint-peter-martyr-and-saint-jerome-and-his-lion-by-the-master-of-the-legend-of-saint-lucy-research-paper/


    I think this painting connects to Humanism because it is showing how Christ and Madonna are. Christ being the baby and Madonna sitting in the chair. I also believe it reflects the church as well. This is because of Christ depicted as a baby, the two Saints located on both sides of the painting and the two angels. It is a religious painting. The article above also explains in better detail of how each detail plays a role in religious beliefs.




Comments

  1. I agree with you that I wouldn't own it, but it's a very nice piece of any with a lot of meaning and culture behind it. It's a very detailed piece of art which is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This painting is very bright and pretty. I find the rich reds very appealing to look at and the amount of detail used in the background and on the floor gives it depth. I agree that it does connect with Humanism because it shows great details of the people depicted in it, as well as the fact that it has religious aspects to it. I like that you point out the carnation. I don't think I would have noticed that. And I did not know that it was a symbol of love in that time, although it makes since.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Taylor,

    This is a very detailed and colorful painting. I am always amazed by historical art. I’ve seen this painting before, but never really thought about the features and when it was made. This class is really capturing my thoughts and opinions on art.

    I agree, I was also a little overwhelmed when I first seen this painting. Maybe from all of the different colors, shapes and details. But when taking my time, it is an awesome painting. An original, “Once in a Lifetime” type of painting. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Taylor,
    I almost chose this piece as well! I find it very fascinating because of the multitudes of color, and the fine details. I love oil paintings, very beautiful. Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 1

Post Modern Art

Art Analysis Blog