Art Analysis Blog

                                                                        

        Art Analysis Blog 


    There are so many different types of visual art everywhere you look. Painting, sculptures, and even architecture are all types of visual art. The visual art that I have chosen is done by Leonid Afremov. This piece of art below is called ‘Rain’s Rustle II’. This stunning painting uses oil paint to create the warm and cool tones seen on the tree and on the ground. He is known for making his work seem ‘wet’.



    There is a lot of fine detail that just makes this paint have a lot of emotions in it. The warm colors make the painting seem inviting or happy. You can tell that the couple walking is happy or content even when it is raining. The cool tones allow for the painting to have that depth look to it. These tones allow for this piece to seem like you could walk right in it. 

    

    In high school, I did my best attempt at recreating this piece. Pieces that are full of emotion are the most beautiful to look at. It made me want to take this paint apart piece by piece just to see how Afremov created this. Oil painting was never a strong thing I could use, I am more of a watercolor painter. I used watercolor to recreate this piece. The water color made the painting seem dull and lacking emotion. The oil paint allows for the colors to create these beautiful light and shades that just make the painting come alive

    

    This website will take you to the Afremov art collection. I highly recommend checking it out. There is a lot more work that can better show how the use of tones can really make a piece of painting come alive.

https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/leonid-afremov?tab=artworkgalleries







Work cited 

“Leonid Afremov Art.” Fine Art America, fineartamerica.com/profiles/leonid-afremov?tab=artworkgalleries. 


 


Comments

  1. What a stunning work! The use of color is truly stunning. As someone who usually works in black and white, this makes me want to get my paints out and try to capture a little bit of the emotion conveyed in the colors.
    One thing I really love about this painting is the way the streetlights make the whole thing seem to almost glow. They also reflect off the wet pavement, adding more light and really highlighting how shiny the ground is.
    I'm really glad you shared that link, too. His other works are amazing, and I can't wait to spend some time exploring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Taylor,
    I love this painting, I’ve seen some of his other works and they are amazing! I love how this painting looks like a happy couple, like you said, walking in Autumn. I personally love warm colors and Fall so I really love this outstanding painting. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy this piece. I like how the artist applied color to make the lights appear so bright that they reflected off of the street. I also liked how he used the lines to give the painting depth. To me there also appears to be a little contrast in the beginning of the painting giving it a darker appearance from the rain but towards the back of the photo it almost looks clear and light as if the rain is going to end. It is a very calm and relaxing piece to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember in high school in art class we would look to photos for inspiration, and I too tried to recreate this, I can't remember what medium, but it wasn't oils, so it lacked the emotion you were talking about. I agree with you that the different tones in this painting is what brings it together and into an art piece full of emotion and beauty. One art element I noticed in this painting, was the blur on the whole piece. Nothing really looked sharp in this painting, but yet when put all together you clearly see what the artist was imagining and get this sort of wet look with the painting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 1

Post Modern Art