Blog 1

    Hello everyone, My name is Taylor Lewis! I am originally from Boston Massachusetts, but I have been living in Alaska for almost 11 years. I am currently going to school for Primary Education, I am a Junior this year. I am thinking about also going for a criminal justice degree as well but that just depends if I want to do more schooling! A fun fact about me is that I am a twin. I have a twin brother named Brandon, and to say he is the best brother in the world would be an understatement. I am also a military brat. I have lived in Oklahoma, Germany, Boston, and then here in Alaska.



https://artsandculture.google.com/asset/the-red-rigi-j-m-w-turner/xwFy8KRlzdzvpw?hl=en

    This a piece of art that I find appealing. This piece was created by J. M. W. Turner, and was created by using watercolor. This piece is called The Red Rigi. The link above will give you more information on this piece.

    Art has always been a part of my life. My grandpa used to do sculptures in his garage every other weekend. This ranged from wood craving and even some pottery. I would go over once in a while to learn the basics about this. My dad also does art here and there. He taught me about drawing and painting. This led me to really enjoy painting. My favorite type of painting is watercolor and I love painting flowers. I do not currently attend First Fridays but I would love to if the chance comes up.

https://courses.lumenlearning.com/boundless-arthistory/chapter/content/

The link above relates to the arts.

Comments

  1. Hey Taylor,

    I really liked what you said about the art piece. I like it as well, and thanks for the little compliment you put in there about me. It's nice to see you talking about something you've always been so passionate about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! Art in the family. Venue on 2nd Ave., Ursa Major Distillery off the Parks Highway and the Bear Gallery in Pioneer Park are having First Friday events this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Taylor, I also really like water color! They are so beautiful! Good luck in this class !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taylor,

    I have twin sisters they always pull shenanigans, its all fun and games though. It's interesting to hear you are thinking about criminal justice. I was an early childhood education major then switched to justice and it was the best choice I made because I love studying justice! If you like reading about the criminal realm then try it! There's no harm in testing it out.

    The art piece you picked is really nice, it has a presence, like I can almost picture being there.
    Best, Ava

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great art pick Taylor!

    Watercolor artwork has always transported me to the exact location interpreted in the painting. I find your upbringing with Art very fascinating. It seems as though the practice of Art isn't really broadcasted on a wide spectrum, so to hear that you're Grandpa continued to hone his craft is refreshing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Post Modern Art

Art Analysis Blog